A downloadable bathroom sim for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The Tearoom is a (free) historical public bathroom simulator about anxiety, police surveillance, and sucking off another dude's gun.
In 1962, the Mansfield, Ohio police department setup a hidden surveillance camera behind a two-way mirror, and secretly filmed dudes having sex with dudes in a public bathroom. The police used the film footage to imprison them for a year or more under Ohio's sodomy laws.
Today in 2017, police still target men who have sex with men -- and in video game land, I still have to deal with Twitch banning my gay games by secret trial as if they're the fucking game police. So to appease this oppressive conservative gamer-surveillance complex, I have swapped out any pesky penises in my game for the only thing that the game industry will never moderate nor ban -- guns. Now, there's nothing wrong with guys appreciating other guys' guns, right?
>> For more info, read my artist statement, "The Tearoom as a record of risky business"
UPDATE, 17 July 2017: version v1.06 RC6 (Mac OSX and Linux only)
- updated PostProcess effects, hopefully fixes some "black screen" / freeze bugs for Mac OS X and Linux users
- updated Unity to 5.6.2f3 to fix a Linux UI bug (mouse events weren't sending), thanks Matteo for reporting
- PRICE: $0 (FREE) but plz buy me a beer ($5 suggested donation)
- PLATFORMS: Windows 7+ (64-bit only), Mac OS X 10.8+, Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+)
- LANGUAGES (12): English (audio + text), Français (texte), Русский (текст), Deutsch (text), Español (texto), 日本語（テキスト）， 繁體字（機器翻譯) (文本），简体中文（机器翻译) ( 文本）, Italiano (testo), Português (texto), 한국어 기 ( 텍스트), Čeština (text)
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: a 64 bit computer with 2+ GB RAM and a DX9 / SM3.0 compatible graphics card... if your system was made in the last 4 years, it's probably OK
- CONTROLS: Mouse or trackpad, most gamepads supported (+ keyboard also works as a last resort)
- URINE: Unlimited
- GUNS: 8
- AVERAGE RUNTIME: 5-60 minutes
- OTHER FREE SEX GAMES BY ROBERT YANG: Cobra Club HD, Rinse and Repeat, Radiator 2
- PRESS COVERAGE: The Guardian, Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun, VICE Waypoint, Destructoid, Unicorn Booty, Queerty, Instinct, Gengoroh Tagame, Huffington Post
WANT E-MAIL UPDATES FOR THIS AND OTHER SEXY GAMES? Sign-up for the Radiator e-mail newsletter. It's very low-traffic, I promise.
IS THIS "SAFE FOR WORK"? Although it is extremely gay, there is no human genitalia and no human nudity in this game. This was an intentional choice to comply with Twitch's vague, selectively enforced, and anti-indie ban regime. However, we still invite you to exercise discretion around employers and children.
NEED TIPS AND HINTS TO WIN? We recommend reading the official strategy guide "Tearoom Trade" by Laud Humphreys. Chapter 3 ("Rules and Roles") gives a good primer, and chapter 4 ("Patterns of Collective Action") discusses advanced meta and tactics.
- Most of the game (art, design, code) by Robert Yang http://debacle.us
- Music is "God Damn It Bill", "Stay Lonesome", "The Day I Lost My Life", "The Bottom of the Bottle is Almost Dry" by The Lonesome Billies http://thelonesomebillies.com (used with permission)
- Obrez modeled by Pen Ward http://buenothebear.com
- Localization: Ben Glover (Русский), n00bmobile (Português), Ryan Field (Deutsch), AltheaR (日本語), Mikel Calvo (Español), Discount Information Bot (한국어), Alan Zucconi (Italiano), Marek Lukáš (Čeština)
- Special thanks: Eddie Cameron, Paolo Pedercini, Bennett Foddy, all the Playtest Thursday testers at NYU Game Center
- for asset credits, please see tearoom_readme.txt included with the game
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||bathroom, Erotic, First-Person, Gay, LGBT, Photorealistic, queer, radiator, robert-yang, sex|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||Czech, German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Chinese|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
|Mentions||The Tearoom is subversive, gay, and bril..., Our favorite free games of 2017|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Please consider supporting my work
Support this bathroom sim at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Buy me a beer
If you want to support my work, I appreciate a donation of $5 or more. In return, I promise to use your donation to buy a beer, and to drink this beer at some point in the future. You will receive no notification or notice of the drinking, but please rest assured, it will happen.