Hurt Me Plenty
A downloadable spanking simulator for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
a short game about spanking the heck out of some dude
UPDATE: a new and improved version of this game is bundled in Radiator 2. Please play that version instead of the standalone versions here. Thanks.
- PRICE: Pay What You Wish, $0 USD minimum.
If you like it, please consider buying me a beer, thanks.
- PLATFORMS: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux.
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: a DX9-compatible computer manufactured within last few years
- CONTROLS: mouse / trackpad, or a Leap Motion (optional)
- ARTIST'S STATEMENT: "notes on sex, consent, and intimacy in games"
- SISTER GAMES: Succulent, Stick Shift, Cobra Club, Rinse and Repeat
This a short game where you spank the heck out of a dude and learn about how BDSM communities attempt to formalize consent / caring. I was really interested in how we can make games about intimacy without a "kindness coins = sex cutscene" trope, and how we can use expressive gestures to roleplay / think about pain and intimacy. (For the record, I don't think my game gets it right, and it has a lot of flaws... this stuff is hard to design!)
If you are interested in work like this, also try playing:
- Consensual Torture Simulator, by Merritt Kopas
- Realistic Kissing Simulator, by Jimmy Andrews and Loren Schmidt
- Encyclopedia Fuckme and the Case of the Vanishing Entree, by Anna Anthropy
- .error404, by Lana Polansky
IS THIS "SAFE FOR WORK"?! I genuinely do not think of this game as pornography (there's too much distance / formality to it), though I suppose I can't stop anyone from getting off to it...
but seriously -- the most nudity in this game is some hairy beefcake chests and (maybe, if you negotiate it) some naked jiggling butts... technically, this is nothing worse than a US PG-13 movie kind of thing. I imagine the light BDSM context might make it NSFW in some workplaces; hopefully you don't work in those places.
- Code, design, most art assets by Robert Yang
- Music by Liz Ryerson (@ellaguro) and Eddie Cameron (@eddiecameron)
- Character model and texture base by Kris Hammes (@Kris_Hammes)
- Character shader work by James O'Hare (@farfarer)
- Special thanks to Eddie Cameron and Bennett Foddy
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: see http://debacle.us/support/
Click download now to get access to the following files: